Right-brain artists usually hate the left brain stuff—like business, marketing, math…ugh. Unfortunately, unless one is lucky enough to have a full-time assistant (yeah, right) we have to find time for this. The list below contains the art business books in my library and that I refer to on a regular basis or when I need a kick in the pants!
• How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist, 5th ed.: Selling Yourself Without Selling Your Soul ~Michels
• The Artist's Guide: How to Make a Living Doing What You Love ~Battenfield
• The Artist's Marketing and Action Plan Workbook ~Talbot
• I'd Rather Be in the Studio! ~Stanfield
• Art Festival Guide: The Artist's Guide to Selling in Art Festivals ~ Aranjo
Here's link for Regator - a great tool that gathers and organizes the world’s best blog posts
Each book has valuable information and I read them with a highlighter and sticky notes to mark the pages. Of course many other art business books are available, but this list is a great start and highly recommended. And all of them can be found in my favorite bookstore--Amazon! Happy studying!