Monday, May 16, 2011
Purple Barn Studios is moving into a quaint two-story house in the south hills of Pittsburgh at 717 Millers Run Rd. It is the teaching/working studio of mixed media artist, Sydney Wellman. The gallery, studio/workshop, kitchen, and powder room are on the first floor; upstairs are three bedrooms and bath w/shower - perfect lodging for female students who need overnight accommodations. (Additional accommodations just 3 min. away). Instructors stay on-site in a private room.
The entire studio is air-conditioned and non-smoking.
General workshop structure:
Workshops generally occur on weekends
Time: 9am to 5pm (w/lunch break)
Material Fees: Additional fees are due on the first day of the workshop, payable directly to the instructor
Workshop Size: The studio area can seat 10 students, and each will have their own table. The number of students depends on the type of workshop and the instructor’s preferences.
Workshops are for adults only
Please submit a teaching proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
Your contact information (website, blog, email, home or cell number)
Workshop proposals – name, description, medium, 1 or 2-day workshop
• Photos of projects for each workshop (jpg files)
• Workshop fees
• Materials list (and kit fee if you are supplying one) *Please include all materials that students need—do not list any materials that you will provide for students to use at no charge
• Preferences for minimum/maximum number of students in each workshop
• How you promote your workshops
• Anything else that you think is necessary
I sincerely hope you will become part of the extended family of Purple Barn Studios instructors! I will review and respond to all proposals by the end of July 2011(unless you state an urgent need).
PS: Have a "preliminary peek" at my shiny new website!
Labels: Purple Barn Studios