Thursday, May 13, 2010

FOCUS!

Keep your eye on the ball. This is how I am approaching the most recent development of being juried into the Craftsmen's Guild of Pittsburgh Fair in the Park. The first week of September is my deadline to create enough inventory to sell for three days at the festival. Acckk!


Working full time and trying to keep up with daily routines like exercise, (posting here more frequently), and the chores we can't escape (like groceries, ugh) are trying to keep me out of the studio. Can you imagine? This makes focusing a challenge at best. For these reasons, it can be difficult to meet our goals. As artists and because we are visual people, we have to keep our goals posted where they can be seen daily. For me, the cliché "out of sight, out of mind" rings true. I admit, at times my need for this creates some clutter until I simply can't stand it and have to re-group. The other thing that helps me keep on track is lists. Breaking down goals into manageable steps and putting them on a daily to-do list has been my style forever. So, until September, on my to-do list is to create eight Whiney Hineys every week. Here's the most recent little torsos that still amuse me. Fun, right?! And that also keeps my focus.




No comments:

Post a Comment