Thursday, March 4, 2010

WHINEStoppers! Chapter One

In a previous post, I mentioned that I love to sculpt people. Obviously, I love to write. What you may not know is that I also love to taste wine. Just announce Friday night happy hour and I’m there! This was my thought process (thoughts that usually happen in the shower, sorry for any visual you may be getting right now). So, what if? Wine stoppers that were people’s heads? All different. And they each had a “whiney” story. I’ll call them WHINEstoppers! Some are people that I invented, and some are characters like Albert Einstein, Jerry Garcia, and Andy Warhol. They are all individual sculpts and limited editions. I guarantee they will make you smile and that is one of my main goals.

Well, long story short, this project has snowballed and I had my first show this past November with 60 WHINEstoppers. Here’s a sample.

Albert Einstein












Jerry Garcia












Phineas – He dreams of becoming a fishmonger












Otto - He is known for the potato chip tattooed on his shoulder














Skinner – He likes sipping a beer on the porch of his double-wide













Stay tuned for WHINEstoppers Chapter Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment